Thank you for attending the Fall 2018 FNFC Assembly!
The First Nations Fisheries Council of BC’s 2018 Annual General Assembly brought together First Nations leaders, community members, fisheries and natural resources staff and government partners from across the province to receive updates on the work of the FNFC and engage in strategic discussions on operational, policy and legislative issues related to fisheries. This year’s event was held on November 7 & 8, 2018 at the Delta Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort in Kelowna. Thank you to Councillor Tom Konek for welcoming us to Westbank First Nation territory!
Day 1 – Tier 1 (First Nations only):
- J. Point – FNFC Year In Review
- J. Point – Fisheries Reconciliation
- D. Machin – Fisheries Management and Allocations
- D. Machin – FN Fisheries Values and Economic Analysis
Day 2 – Tier 2 (First Nations and Government):
- S. Farlinger/M. Ned – Pacific Salmon Treaty Renewal
- S. Murdoch – Wild Salmon Policy Implementation
- T. Alexis/D. Machin/A. Witter – BC Wild Salmon Strategy
- T. Coopper – Fisheries Act Review / Bill C-68